Pages

728

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Work At Home Professional Update

photo from mommynotions.com
It's been almost four years since my last post! Gad how time flies! And yes, I'm still working from home.

Over the past three years, I've let go of a lot of my internet real estate. I was taking it easy. I worked really, really hard when there's work, and really take time to enjoy when there's none. It's great that my work at home job is project based. Which means, I don't have any daily deliverable.

 My company however has gone through unbelievable changes, we've been acquired, some of my colleagues dropped off, bosses changed one after another, but I'm still here; rocking the pajamas, but more often, the boxer shorts. Lol.

 There was a time when I was really worried that my group would be dissolved but unlike before (as in previous employments) I'm more on the profit center side of the business so unless the company doesn't want to grow, my department would be eased out. But what company does that. I do work my butt off though so I guess I'm a little bit secure that when the reorganization hurricane comes, I'll be like the little piggy comfortable in his house of bricks.


Sad to say, some of the bosses that I like had really, really high salaries and some of them were let go. I'm not gonna cry over them being gone though. Those guys are super-marketable that they'll be back on their feet in no time.

So what have I been up to over the last three or so years? I've been cooking! Haha.

I've been experimenting with a lot of cooking styles. And since I'm in the province and I have a motley crew of unemployed friends, I do not lack for people who'd praise to high heavens my culinary masterpieces.

Every so often, I'd flirt with excercising, doing outdoor sports and all that, but since I easily get bored, I often switch my focus back to cooking which in turn leads to a lot of eating! So it isn't really a surprise for me that I gained weight. A lot of it. Meh.

 But now I've really decided to get serious about my diet. I've effectively given up cola. One of my favoritest things ever. I've cut down on my food intake as well. I think I'm making progress though. :)
Anyway enough about the weighty issues. I got lots of stories to tell, but I'll stop for now

No comments:

Post a Comment