Pages

728

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Working From Home Disasters

One of the biggest misfortunes about working from home is when natural disasters occur. That and site visits.

Most of the time, the byproduct of these disasters is the loss of electricity. This means that the work at home professional like myself will have no other recourse but to run to the nearest company office where there will always be standby generators and power is assured 24/7.



Site visits, truth be told is a real pain. I, for example, like to grow my hair long when I'm just working from home. I don't feel the need to go to the barber every two or three weeks to get my haircut or even color my hair. So you can imagine the things that I have to go through whenever I'm told that there's going to be a site visit. I have to:

a> Get a haircut
b> Color my hair
c> Get my ass on a plane to go to Manila
d> Wear monkey suits.

These things are necessary evil that I have to endure so I can live the lifestyle that I'm used to which includes:

a> working in my pyjamas
b> go trail biking every afternoon
c> sometimes work by the beach
d> not take a bath every so often

Still, these disasters, though annoying are just spices to make working from home more enjoyable. It also breaks the pattern that I'm used to and forces me to remind myself that although I'm no longer tied to a cubicle, I'm still part of a very large organization that puts food on my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment