Pages

728

Monday, August 15, 2011

Designing My Home Office

I've been designing or at least trying to design my own home office now that I spend more time in the province than in Manila as a work at home professional.  Our house in the province has an extra 12sqm that I can renovate and turn into my own home office.  Unfortunately for me, I don't have any idea how my office should look like.  I tried to conjure what an ideal home office should be but I couldn't get past a table and a chair.  Pretty plebeian I think, so I consulted the great Internet and it has shown me a lot of samples for a great home office.

One of the home office designs I like is this one.  This home office is designed by Christopher J. Grubb of Arch-Interiors Design Group Inc. www.archinteriors.com.  The photo is from www.hgtv.com.



Although I would love to have all those wall mounted LCD monitors, I know that I can only afford one.  So my home office should look like this after I'm done renovating, at least I hope it would, minus a couple of things.  I'm pretty sure I'll have to put in huge bookshelves in there as I have stacks and stacks of books screaming bloody murder for the way I've been treating them.

I do like the dual monitors because I use both an Apple Computer and a Windows-based laptop so it should come in pretty handy.  I think I'll do away with the glass top table though.  Here where I'm based, we have lots of lumber (hello illegal loggers) that I can use to make a customized table.  I'm also thinking of putting up a little Japanese style futon so I can crash anytime I want.

Hopefully this little project will be finished before the end of the year.  My budget, P50-70K.

No comments:

Post a Comment